Monday 5 December 2011

Crickey, I've entered the Milton Keynes Marathon!

Yes I have entered the 2012 Milton Keynes Marathon.  It's on 29th April, so there will be sufficient time for me to get my act together and train up for this.

Having been unsuccessful (the truth is I left it too late) in getting a place in the Luton Marathon, I had contemplated the Gloucester Marathon in January which would be very nostalgic as the route runs alongside a house I used to live in at Elmore.  Not that I used to run in those days but it would have been nice.  It was training in an uncertain winter that made me hesitate.

With the MK marathon, the attraction was it being a new race and looks like it'll be in some pleasant surroundings, all traffic free I think.

So now the training begins.  This morning at day break I had a gentle run for about 1 hr 15 mins over my favourite hilly course with splendid views.  I needed that run: I needed to get out into some fresh air and feel the breeze and splash through some muddy puddles.  I guess I covered about 8 or 9 miles and felt good.

Everyone was still in bed when I got back, though not in their own beds!  Rachel has treated herself to an iPad and B&H were keen to snuggle up either side of her to explore all those apps.   Even Rusty and Misty were there.   Had a hot shower, a stretch and my ideal breakfast complete with a smoothie and a huge mug of coffee - all that was about getting the day off to a good start.

Related posts:

My ideal running route
My ideal breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment