Sunday 1 May 2011

A reflective start to the day


Last night I put my running kit ready for an early run this morning but have decided against it, instead I just wanted to enjoy the quietness of the early morning at home. In some ways it is perfect for an hour's run - soft sunshine, still, quiet and probably a pleasant temperature but staying back is the right thing to do.  Everyone else is still asleep upstairs right now.

When I woke up there were a few things on my mind.  Firstly there was a dream I'd had in the night.  Forgive me for not sharing it with you but let's just say I was saddened by my behaviour in the dream. Secondly my left hand was painful (you might know about this from previous blog posts). Most importantly I recalled a couple of verses from Proverbs that I'd recently read.  Such a famous and familiar passage but oh so true and a reminder I need from time to time.  So I thought I'd simply share it as it is:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight"  Proverbs 3, v5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment